Tuesday 25 January 2022

By a Surgeon

 

Forwarded message:

Here posting a beutiful message by an unknown Surgeon.

WHY DO YOU CONSIDER SURGERY AS AN ART?


I guess, 


Because the smell of spirit is sweeter than perfume to me,


Because my OT scrubs feel more fashionable to me than any designer clothes,


Because the clicking sound of a needle holder is music to my ears,


Because proportions and symmetry cannot be more important than in surgery,


Because when I walk into a hospital I feel as calm as I would in a temple,


Because when I operate I get into a zone deeper than meditation,


Because I can convert discomfort into comfort with a few gentle strokes,


Because I know that I can take away pain and make one smile,


Because I can make a connection with my fellow beings on a much deeper level than any other profession,


Because although I may strive for success everytime, I have to accept failure too at times,


And that is why surgery is an art and not just a profession my friend!!


So I'm a Surgeon....my Friend.....!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment